Thursday, January 24, 2008

No News is Good News

(first bath above!)
Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, Bryn started making leaps and bounds with progress so I have been a little bit busy!


Bryn has been off of the ventilator since Monday and has been doing great. She is breastfeeding like a champ!! Paul and I have been able to hold her but no one else has since she still has the pick line. They are taking her off of her oxygen tonight, she finishes her last dose of antibiotics tonight, she has finished her lipids etc. etc. etc.!!! She may be able to dump the pick line tomorrow which I know will make the grandparents happy as they will then get to give her a snuggle! They are hoping to discharger her THIS WEEKEND!! The only thing she has to prove is that she can gain weight. She weighs in right now at 6 pounds 4oz. I am trying to feed her as often as possible around the clock to put some meat on her!


Halle has been up to see her a few times but is more fascinated by the elevators than she is her sister. She wants to touch her hands and her head but as soon as she hears any monitor beep she gets all excited and screams "ooooh elevator!" We try to just let her see her for short spurts! We asked her last night if she wants to bring Bryn home and she said "Yes Please!" We will she if she changes her mind once we get her home!!


I will post more soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI BRYN - MOM, DAD, AND HALLE TOO!! You sure are a "fighter" and we thank "Our Heavenly Father" that you are!!! It has been a long 9 days for all of us but to see you now all dressed in pink after your first bath - we all know what a "miracle" we have been a part of!!! Your Mom is right when she says that your "grandparents" can't wait to hold you and give you that first snuggle from them. Keep on improving, Bryn!!! I have to go home on Monday and I sure want to hold you before then!!! God Bless You - Love Ya Tons - Your Nana from North Carolina

Anonymous said...

When can I sign up to babysit!?! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Byrn.

(see exhibit A [above] for why mom's christmas shirt said "the" "mom". :D

Anonymous said...

I think Paul should put an elevator in the house to keep Halle busy???

Nan, give Bryn 2 hugs, one for Papa!

Keep on feeding, Nikki!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki and Paul I 've just recieved this link and I think it is awesome.It is great to know everything is ok and I agree with papa ,Paul you do need to put in an elevator.God Bless all of you
Congradulations......